Well it’s pretty convenient that my birthday (12/16) falls right around the time of the year that people are making all kinds of resolutions, lists, and goals. In my 24th year I didn’t get through very many of my goals, so that’s why quite a few of them reappear on this list. I tried to make the others more about experiences rather than buying/acquiring things. You know… money gets tight, time runs out, yadda yadda.
With that being said and money always getting tight, I did still continue a section for my financial goals. They’re a little more fleshed out in real life than what appears here, but that’s more for me than I think belongs online. I have a great job that pays pretty well, so this year I’m focused on building my savings and getting a clear financial path forged for myself before I’m 30. So that’s why they’re there.
The rest are broken up into other groups. I’m going to try to track more of my progress and keep everyone informed of how it’s going. That, and I think it will help me hold myself more accountable, which is always a good thing! So without further ado:
My 26 Before 26:
Pay off my laptop (hopefully in February).
Pay off my car loan (hopefully in August/September).Paid it off in April!
Get credit card down to balance of less than $1000(I know, I know – I HAD it paid off in April. But doctors’ bills really racked it up at the end of 2011. Boo – hopefully done in November). Got it done in December
Build up emergency fund savings(I have a specific amount in mind).
5. Create a cozy, yet energizing home yoga workout space (my yoga instructor did not continue on in my area for 2012, and I’d like to develop a more personal routine).
6. Run a race on my own, without others’ help or pushing. Just show up and do it because I feel like it.
7. Meet with a personal trainer to assess my fitness and learn to properly lift weights.
TRAVEL + ADVENTURE:
8. Travel out of the state.
9. Go on an entire weekend road trip: Friday, Saturday, Sunday.We went to Madison, WI for a long weekend.
10. Learn to drive stick shift.
11. Go jumping at the Quarries in STC.
12. Visit an aquarium – I haven’t been to one in a VERY LONG TIME!
13. Plan a fun day-trip with my sisters (Maim *might* come home from France in April so hopefully it will work out)!
ME AND THE MISTER:
Get a few good pictures of me and Pete.We NEVER take pictures. We got a few in Madison that I had framed
GET SMART + FEEL GOOD ABOUT WORK:
15. Read at least 1 novel a month and document it – (as perhaps a monthly blog feature…)
16. Update work portfolio with new collateral/materials.
17. Create and frame my personal mantra (at home & at the office)
18. Set up three networking connections/interviews/coffee meetups.
Try a method of documenting Instagram pictures (Prinstagr.am, Stickygr.am, etc).
20. One fun DIY project a month.
21. Learn to knit something other than a scarf.
22. Commit to one week of the year for dutifully practicing clarinet.
Buy a sewing machine and create/alter something!
Get a third tattoo.And maybe a fourth.
Volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen.Volunteered for a food packing event that sent food to the Dominican Republic.
26. Assemble a personal cookbook of my favorite recipes from family and friends.