Someday I really will get over the ever-present urge to apologize for my blog absence. But that’s not today. So I’m sorry. Again. I’ve got all kinds of things pulling me in different directions right now. I’m looking forward to this next weekend to be over (it’s a biggie performing-arts event weekend at work that requires a lot of coordination and man-hours on my part) so I can concentrate on the holidays, resolutions, and updating my 25 Before 25 list into a 26 Before 26! My birthday is just a couple weeks away, which means it’s time to re-assess my goals and plan for a new year! Which means lists, lists, lists!
Anyway, in my frantic need to keep up with everything going on, I’ve been really into making lists. That, and I’m VERY Type-A and usually have a list or two around anyway. WunderList has been my BFF the last few weeks – it’s really convenient because it syncs between my work desktop, home laptop, and my iPhone. Pete and I both have the app and share lists so we can see things like the groceries we need. Super spiffy, eh? It has the ability to sync multiple lists, and gives you neat checkboxes to tick off one by one.
So. Here’s a list of what I’ve been up to lately:
- Finally getting around to reading all three books of The Hunger Games in about three days and anxiously awaiting the full-length movie – May the odds be EVER in your favor!
- Finding out I was actually allergic to the antibiotics from my surgery, and dealing with multiple doctor’s visits to cure me of my reactions.
- Hitting the gym! I joined a gym a few months ago and we recently inherited Pete’s sisters’ treadmill + free weights for our basement. There’s seriously no excuse for me not to be in shape now that I’ve recovered from surgery! I’ve also been doing yoga at home, because my yoga instructor is taking a little break the next few weeks.
- Working 20 hours over the holiday weekend at my second job. I answer the phones and sell tickets across town in the box office for a local theater, and we’re in the middle of a run of holiday shows. It was a bummer to not have my Thanksgiving weekend off, but hey, extra holiday paycheck!
- Shopping for my sister’s care package so we can send it off to France with enough time for it to make it before Christmas (Miss you, sissy!)
- Getting into Breaking Bad on Netflix – a somewhat depressing show, but seriously addicting! Bryan Cranston, the dad from “Malcolm in the Middle” just kills it.
- Making recipes from BudgetBytes. This chick is amazing and I sing her praises all over the place. I’ll post my banana-bread twist on her baked pumpkin pie oatmeal soon. Seriously yummy!
- Sitting on a marketing committee for our local co-op.
- Updating my resume (not for a job search, but just because it needs to be done for a few projects I have coming up).
- Doing the OCM thing and loving it! My skin has never been clearer! I’ll have to post on that soon, too.
- And unfortunately, NOT hitting the thrift stores. Oh how I miss them. I think I’m going through withdrawals!
So that’s that. I’ve got it on my list to get more and more into scheduled post-planning in the new year. I think it’ll help me stay on track, get some running themes going, and help me to not feel so apologetic for not writing when I’m not able. And for as much as I like lists, it shouldn’t be too hard!